Apply for Assistant Music Director
Africa Ntjilo Empowerment is an eSwatini registered non-profit founded in 2017. we provide 1. music teacher training to eSwatini young adults and 2.afterschool orchestra music program to children. Plus, as a classical music pioneer in the African continent, we founded and are 3.managing the first chamber orchestra in the country and give various performances and orchestra demonstrations within the community.
The assistant music director will oversee all three divisions of the project leading our local music teachers and musicians based upon the directors' lead. This role is responsible for creating a safe, inspiring, and respectful environment for both students and teachers with professional musical backgrounds and, more importantly, attitude and willingness to learn African culture, respect difference and be patient in every phase of the work progress.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all music and education-related elements within the project
- Maximize the quality of music education and ensure the authentic and excellent learning experience of students by teaching and guiding a private lesson, individual practice, and ensemble rehearsal
- Roll out the music curriculum and oversee all product execution
- Oversee the development of concerts and guest performances including training the performers, conducting the rehearsal, promoting the concerts, and executing the concerts.
-- Assisting in promoting concerts and projects in forms of orchestra demonstration or meeting with local partners.
-- Manage the School, working with the directors and other members to open school punctually according to hours of business and staying later when necessary during the concert season
- Address and tackle the issues instantly and during the regular member's meeting and discuss the ways to improve
- Maintain all musical instruments and equipment in the best quality
- Communicate with parents on student progress and address any questions and issues about the music program during a PTA meeting.
- Initiate to interact with parents and students regularly and engage in the community
- 3+ years’ experience teaching and or performing music professionally
- Ability to compose, arrange, or conduct music is a big plus
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of students and customers
- Very strong internal communication and customer relations skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Prioritizes teamwork and harmony
- Resourceful and good problem-solver
- Works well under pressure and ability to finish the given tasks
- Enthusiastic, flexible, patient, positive, initiative demeanor
- Good judgment and resilience to unexpected problems are musts
- This position is an unpaid voluntary position.
- Visa sponsorship, accommodation, and domestic transportation are provided
- This position is a minimum one semester (three months long) based.
- The semester is opened between beg-Feb to end-April/beg-May to end-July /mid-Sept to mid-Dec
Africa Ntjilo Empowerment expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.